Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

6 months!

The kiddos turned 6 months old last week. I never thought this day would come! I know alot of people are always saying to enjoy the baby phase because it goes by so quickly, and that they would love to slow down time, but not me! I am thrilled the newborn stage is behind us - it was awful! They are so much more fun now, but I am still anxious for them to start walking and talking and expressing what they want. Yes, I may regret that later ;)

Milo weighs 17 lbs now and Serena is close behind at 15 lbs. They're both between the 10th and 25th percentiles. They are little roly polys, and even though they aren't crawling yet, they can get to wherever they want to go by pivoting and rolling. Especially Milo, who will end up across the room in the blink of an eye!


We're still feeding them a bottle every 3 hours during the day, and then go from 8pm to 8am between feedings. Serena sleeps like a champ (once she finally falls asleep - she is very stubborn and fights it off as long as possible), but Milo wakes up a couple of times during the night. Luckily I usually just have to re-pacify him and he drifts back off.


Serena has now had 3 laser treatments, and won't have any more until after her surgery this fall. We have yet to schedule the actual surgery but it will likely be sometime in September.

They're starting to get a little better with their solids. We're only feeding them a few spoonfuls a day right now, but we're going to start increasing that soon. I'm looking forward to giving them more interesting foods than the bland stuff they have been eating so far. How old do they have to be to have ice cream? :)

Here are a couple of photos from their actual half birthday. It is impossible to get them to sit still these days...



5 comments:

  1. They have some plain frozen yogurt that I tried to give my girls at Coldstone. They absolutely hated it! LOL I think they just didn't know how to handle the "cold" food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that makes sense. I've never warmed their bottles though so they havealways drank them cold form the fridge, so they might be used to it. I'll have to try that yogurt sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're both so gorgeous! I can't believe how old the babies are getting! Jaxon is like Milo and will be halfway across the room as soon as you look away. Did you see any difference of the hemangioma after the laser treatments? Jaxon's is getting lighter in color for sure, but I that's all we've noticed from it.

    Keep up the great work, Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Alycia! And yes - we noticed a big difference! Her H is much lighter now, and softer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Our girls are right with ya'll. Kaitlyn has been sleeping through the night, but as soon as she learned to crawl, she's been waking up. Now Ava is sleeping through the night. Eventually, both will be on the same schedule. I'm enjoying your blog!
    Maya

    ReplyDelete